Knowledge and understanding:
- Have practical knowledge and basic understanding of the scientific method, and the main types of basic descriptive and inferential statistics applied in environmental research.
- Be able to choose, or advise others to choose, the most appropriate quantitative method to address a research question.
- Be able to read documents/papers that contain basic descriptive and inferential statistics knowledgeably.
- Be able to perform some basic descriptive and inferential data analyses using Excel and SPSS for Windows , interpret the statistical result and translate that back into the words of an environmental research issue.
Transferable skills and personal qualities:
- Learn to ask appropriate questions about the problem, to design experiments or sampling programmes optimally and effectively communicate environmental research results.