Participants who take the course for credit are expected
- to read all the texts marked as required reading (generally not more than 100 pages per week)
- to prepare a short reaction paragraph (of 300 – 500 words) on the readings for each week and upload it on the seminar platform by Friday 12 am
- to read all reaction paragraphs and engage actively in discussions in class
- to introduce one seminar topic to the class (taking into account also additional readings)
- to write a paper of not less than 3000 and not more than 5000 words. The topic of the paper must be agreed with the seminar instructor. The paper must be submitted until Nov 29.
(1) Assessment of presentation (25% of the final grade): Each participant will give at least one presentation in class that will be assessed both in terms of content (coverage of the relevant literature, originality of the argument, own research) and didactic skills in the presentation.
(2) Assessment of participation (25% of the final grade): Delivery and quality of reaction paragraphs will be assessed alongside active participation in discussions during the class.
(3) Assessment of seminar paper (50% of the final grade): The seminar paper will be assessed in terms of originality and coherence of the argument and adequate coverage of the relevant literature.