At the end of the course, students will be able to
- identify and describe key terms and concepts in quantitative research,
- explain the role of measurement and units in data generation,
- conduct basic statistical analyses of central tendency and variation and interpret the results
- organize data and run basic functions in graphical user interface (GUI) spreadsheet software (e.g. Calc),
- examine the role of quantitative empirical work for environmental research and research communication,
- identify different forms of visual representation of quantitative data and critically reflect and discuss how this impacts the message communicated,
- organize and analyze data and create visual representations for their own mini-projects.