By the end of the course, students will understand the main notions of probability and statistics.
They will be able to compute and interpret:
- probability distributions, expected value and variance of discrete and continuous random variables
- graphical representations (histograms, scatter plots) and statistics of samples (mean, mode, median, variance, standard deviation, correlation coefficient)
- point and interval estimators of population mean, variance and proportions;
- statistical tests concerning the mean of normal populations and population proportions;
- simple linear regression models.