This is the final thesis preparation class, aiming to support students in the final phase of planning for their thesis research and writing. The focus will be on the students’ individual plans and needs, depending on their topics, conceptual framework, and methods to be applied. Opportunities and possible challenges of the respective topics will be identified and discussed. The format of this class focuses on individual consultations with the lecturer and/or the supervisor, as needed.
Through this course students will be able to
- identify and document their thesis aims,
- describe and discuss the interrelationship between research aims, methods, and attainable results,
- plan and formulate their research endeavor accordingly,
- justify their chosen approach,
- develop strategies to deal with potential setbacks and difficulties,
- give and receive feedback on the thesis plan and the thesis elements.
In order to pass this class, students must attend and participate in all individual and groups consultations (including the MESP thesis retreat) and mentoring sessions and complete the required assignments.