By the end of this course, you should be able to:
* identify the typical purposes, components and features of various genres in the discipline.
* structure an academic paper at the macro and micro level.
* employ critical reading skills more effectively.
* think and write more clearly and incisively.
* have a variety of skills and approaches to draw upon when writing academic papers.
* target the various audiences academics write for, and understand the expectations of these audiences.
* properly incorporate the work of other authors into your own writing.
* understand the CEU policy towards plagiarism.
* edit and refine your own written work.