By the end of the course, students will have experience with techniques which are vital to effective scientific research, including:
- The basic syntax and use of Python as a scientific tool, including writing and executing scripts to automate common tasks, using the IPython interpreter for interactive exploratio n of data and code, and using the Jupyter notebook to share and collaborate.
- Loading data from a variety of common formats
- Manipulating data efficiently with Numpy
- Basic visualization with Matplotlib
- Performing basic data mining and machi ne learning analysis with Scipy
- Basic concepts of Natural Language Processing (NLP)