This course is a practical guide to the entrepreneurial process with a focus on the creation of new high-growth technology ventures. In addition to a structured analysis the process and requirements of creating and growing a business, the course will build on personal stories of successful entrepreneurs who will give their views on best practices, lessons learned, etc.
It is a core introductory course and as such it presents various frameworks and tools to help aspiring entrepreneurs (and also “intrapreneurs” at established companies) to evaluate their market opportunity, to design a business model and compile an ambitious but realistic business plan, and to present their ideas to potential investors. The course will also provide insight into the particular management challenges facing startups and growing ventures: team issues, equity and compensation, managing growth, etc. Special attention will be paid to ways of commercialization, building effective sales and marketing strategies, and managing change when necessary.
- understanding the importance of entrepreneurship
- better self-evaluation as a potential entrepreneur
- improved capabilities for recognizing and evaluating opportunities
- better understanding of the investors’ perspective
- understanding and capability of using business planning structures and tools
- seeing the logic of business growth and the complete lifecycle of the venture
- becoming a better teamworker
- improved capabilities for presenting business ideas and convincing investors
- efficient communication of ideas and plans
- objective evaluation of other people’s venture ideas and business plans